Teacher Feature: Meet Ryan Boldwin

Courtesy
    PE Teacher Ryan Boldwin

What can students expect from you (your class)?  What’s something you want students to know about you (your class)?

“Students can expect to learn a variety of different ways to promote personal fitness and a healthy overall lifestyle. Something I would like students to know is that the purpose of PE is to introduce different methods of staying physically active and to give the skills necessary to do so.”

What surprised you most about working at BHS?

“How well the community has adjusted to the limited space and how everyone does not let it ruin their experience.”

What hobbies do you enjoy outside of school?

“I enjoy playing/watching sports, reading and playing with my cat.”

What was one of your favorite subjects in high school?

“PE, but I also really enjoyed sociology and how everyone reacts to different scenarios.”

Forest, City or Beach? 

“City, I enjoy always having something to do differently each day and being close to anything I may need.”

If you could have any superpower what would it be?

“I really enjoyed the Avatar series and I think being able to control elements like water/fire/wind and earth would be cool.”

Where are you from? Why did you choose to teach at BHS?

“I am from New Hampshire and I chose BHS because it presented a unique opportunity to teach an amazing student body while persevering through tough situations together.”

How do you react to negative comments?

“Nobody likes negative comments made about them and I am no different, but I have learned that there is normally a reason behind those comments that can be solved together by speaking to the person and trying to understand each other better. Everyone has different situations and by understanding each I feel we can solve many things.”

Dream or favorite vacation?

“I have always dreamed of visiting every Major League Baseball park, baseball is the only professional sport where no field is the same dimensions and it would be very cool to see them all.”